Friday, July 3, 2015

Corriedale Goodness

Last fall at SAFF, I purchased a couple of Corriedale fleeces, both of which were variegated greys.  they were incredibly soft with a fantastic lock length and crimp.  I washed them some months ago, and I have been slowly combing my way through the fleece.
I put the clean dry locks in one of those gigantic ziploc bags, with the darker locks on the bottom and the lighter ones on the top.

Here is what's in the bag as of this afternoon, I am getting into the slightly darker shades of grey with the lighter ones already processed as you can see below.
 You can see the combed bumps in the back are just a little bit darker than the ones in the foreground.  I am not sure exactly how I am going to spin this lovely stuff or even what I will use it for, I just feel very rich knowing that I have it!
I have done some sampling, and this fiber makes wonderful yarn no matter how I spin it!  I am about 1/3 of the way through the bag, but it will probably be a this fall before I get to spin any of  this fleece, so I have some time to think about it.





Next in line for the combs, Cormo / Romney cross!  Oh, so soft!



Until next time, Happy Spinning, Knitting and Weaving, Tina







1 comment:

  1. All kinds of lovely wool!!! I know you will enjoy spinning that lovely fleece.

    ReplyDelete