Saturday, May 9, 2015

Suds

I got a text from my big brother the other day.

"Do you use homemade soap?  If so where do you get it?  Your sister wants to know."

I thought this a very strange text, and I was getting ready to answer it when my sister chimed in.

"Ignore him. LOL!!!"

I don't know what the joke is, so I responded to my brother.

"You can google it!"

He responded with...

"Thank you she did but it doesn't tell if you use it!" (smiley face)

I wrote him back and said that I have used homemade soaps on occasion, (or I should say hand made soaps as I don't make it myself)  but they generally are too scented for me.

A week passed, and I was rummaging through the cupboard looking for soap.  We had run out of the pears soap I usually get from the dollar store, so I was a bit desperate.  Way back on the lower shelf was a plastic baggie with a bar of handmade soap in it.  Whew, I thought  I hope it isn't to scented, but it was all I had at the moment.

I sniffed the baggie first and didn't detect any scent, which raised my hopes a bit.  I opened the package and found that it was indeed made without added scent.  The smell of the soap was very promising, it was well, a clean smell.  It is probably made with goats milk, and I have to tell you that I am in love with it's creamy goodness.


After a couple of days, when I was sure it was love, I shot off a text to the two of them...

"That being said, I pulled this one out of the cupboard this week, probably goats milk soap, and of course I have no idea where it came from, but I love it's creamy unscented goodness!"

(I still don't know what their joke was.)

Tina



2 comments:

  1. Hi Tina, I just popped over from KathyinOzarks to say hi and to tell you I couldn't resist becoming your newest follower. I am relatively new to spinning and weaving but I am an eager and fast learner... whew, there is just so much to take in. This is why I am head over heals when I find a blog like yours!!! I love your soap story and ... I don't get the joke either, lol!!! I am so looking forward to reading your blog and becoming fibery blogging friends... that is if you'll have me. I only blog around twice a month these days as I decided technology was taking up to much of my potentially creative productive spinning and weaving time so I cut back drastically on blogging. However, that being said I can certainly see becoming addicted to your blog for all the wonderful fibery information!!! Well, I guess I've babbled on enough...great to meet you and looking forward to reading your blog.
    Hugs for now,
    Beth P
    Harrisville, New Hampshire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Beth! I too am an infrequent blogger, at least on my own blog. I am the friday blogger for the Tuesday Weavers (Loomy Tunes) blog, so that gets a little more of my attention.
      I haven't made a plan for keeping continuity on each blog, and I am sure that hampers my blog posts. I can't remember what I blog about where! Maybe one of these days I'll come up with a workable plan to do just that.
      See you around, Tina

      Delete