Friday, August 1, 2014

Glamour Shots

It had been a little while, life can easily get in the way!  Anyway, here are the latest shots of the 2 Nigora Wethers we have here on the "farm".

First the oldest at just over 5 months, Ernie:



Just look at that fleece!  It should shed out white, that red you see is the guard hairs that are protecting the lovely fuzzy stuff.














Next is Bert, who at a mere 2.5 months hasn't started his fleece for the year yet.

His fleece will be white as well.  Berts Mom, gave up a beautiful white fleece this last spring.  I sent it to my friend Linda since she had done the feeding and tending of that fleece.

Linda came just before we went on vacation, and she took her two goats home, so I am down to the ones that belong to me.

I am keeping all the Nigoras that will shed out white, and Linda seems to be keeping the ones that shed out a soft gray or soft tan.  It is really quite lovely!





That is it for now, I will try to get some shots of Bert's fleece as it comes in, I hope it is the same loveliness as Ernie's is!

Until next time, Happy Spinning, Weaving and Knitting, Tina

1 comment:

  1. Ernie is just a hunk of fiber love!!!! If Bert's fleece is half that beautiful, you will be one lucky spinner!!!!

    ReplyDelete