Friday, April 4, 2014

New Loom in the Studio


I bought a rigid heddle loom this week.  It is a Leclerc Bergere, a 24 inch sturdy loom.  I bought it so that I could weave scarves and shawls with my handspun, and also use up some of the commercial yarns I have on hand, that I don't want to use on the bigger floor looms, like this Alpaca yarn from Knit Picks.

I have had this yarn for awhile, and I have tried a couple of different projects, but have not been pleased with the results.  This time however, I think is a winner.  I have enough of this yarn to make several scarves, so stay tuned for different color combinations.

Until next time, Happy Spinning and Weaving, Tina

4 comments:

  1. Holy moly, that was quick!!! How do you like it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a sturdy little loom! The finish is smooth, the metal gears are tight, with no slipping. The heddles fit well in their slots, and are easy to handle. Perfect for my knitting yarns and my hand-spun yarns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is dorene and you replied to a comment I made some time ago on the loony tunes blog about a Hearthside loom. My email is dorene@dorenegayle.com. I wondered if you had one because I cannot figure out the break system. I can't get the beams to lock to hold tension and would love to get pictures to I can figure out where mine isn't right.

    ReplyDelete