Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Double Flyer Wheel in Action

After I posted a couple of pictures to Ravelry "Antique Wheels Group", one of the members asked if this wheel was a "Schippertje" or Barge Wheel.  Well you know that sent me searching the internet!  Turns out this is a Dutch wheel that was used on the barges that travelled along the canals in Holland and Germany in the 19th Century!  I was thrilled to have so much information in such a short time!

I asked my weaving buddy Lou Ann if she would video me spinning on the wheel during our Tuesday Weavers show and tell.  I had hoped to post it to Ravelry, but I can not figure that out!  I then remembered that I could post it here and then do a linkydink!

After practicing all day yesterday, between laundry and bread making, I did pretty good, and at least looked like I knew what I was doing.



And



Until next time Happy Spinning, Tina

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad the videos came through. It's so much fun watching you spin on your "new" wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina...that was fun to watch. :) m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting that you were able to find out what the wheel was used for! Nice job on your spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting that you only use one foot, while every other part of you is working.

    ReplyDelete