Friday, August 23, 2013

Custom Blanket

I have been rummaging through the stash recently.  I came across a couple of cones of 4/2 cotton in some yummy colors for my baby blankets and couch throws.  One of the colors is wine.

I tested the color for bleeding, and it passed the test!  Not a single bit of color loss in the sample skein.  I quickly notified a client that was wanting a blanket, I let her know that I had found what we had been looking for!

She approved the color, and Wednesday I began weaving her couch throw.  This yarn is a little bit thicker than the 8/4 carpet warp I have been using.  I don't know if it is because it is a little softer spun or what, but I will be adjusting the number of repeats I do accordingly.  I am running the tape measure along the side to keep track of how long this one is going to be.  Normally,  I just keep track of how many pattern repeats I have done, but I will have to pay attention to both repeats and length this time.  Next time, I will be back to counting pattern repeats.  Better a little too long than too short!

I like how it is looking so far, I can't wait to get it finished and  
hemmed and washed.  I love it when I finish a custom order and get back to production on my terms!

But it isn't all work around here!  Anytime I have a few spare minutes, I am making a dent in the Jacob roving I unearthed a couple of weeks ago.  A few minutes here and a few minutes there really add up!  I have over 1000yds of 2ply already in skeins, with plenty more to follow.

I use spinning as a reward, like when I finish weaving for the day, or when I finish a chore, or when I am waiting on something, for example, a load of laundry to finish.

There is always time for spinning, and at my house there is plenty to spin!

Until next time, Happy Spinning and Weaving, Tina

1 comment:

  1. What a great find in your stash! Wonder what other gems are hiding away on those shelves!

    ReplyDelete