Wednesday, July 3, 2013

First Skein for the Tour de Fleece!

I have been spinning for 4 different teams, 30 minutes a day for each one.  It is really paying off too!  I thought that I had prepared enough fiber to last me the whole 3 weeks, but I haven't got near enough ready to spin.  I will be addressing that tomorrow!

Today however, I broke from my plan and concentrated on only one team, Team Ashford.  I am spinning up some wool that I dyed with Wiltons food color, 2 blues and 2 greens.  I had already spun up the turquoise single and it was time to tackle the multi-colored batch.  Once I got started I couldn't stop.

I split the top into 2 batches.



 I pre-drafted quite a bit, and then rolled it into this ball.
I spun the first ball, and then I couldn't help it, I just kept on spinning until the fiber was finished!  

Then I was go excited about it, I plied it!  




I even lost track of how much time I put into this. I am estimating 5 hrs.  I have the fiber set up to repeat this skein, I am thinking a shawl would be wonderful with this color combo.





Tomorrow will be a light spinning day, since it is the 4th of July!  It happens to also be our anniversary and our Daughters Birthday!  It is always nice when the country throws us a party!

I need  to sneak in some fiber prep so that I don't run out!

Until next time, keep your head down and stay hydrated,  and Happy 4th of July!   Tina

3 comments:

  1. WOW! That yarn is fabulous!!!! You're doing great on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew, besides pastry chefs, that Wilton colors won't wash out?

    ReplyDelete