Friday, June 7, 2013

Training for the Tour

I have been training for the 2013 Tour de Fleece this week.  For those of you who don't know, there is a world of spinners out there who have committed to "ride" on their spinning wheels/spindles, on the days that the Tour de France cyclists ride their bicycles.

There are hundreds of teams on Ravelry, there are even prizes too!  This is my first year participating, and I have joined 2 teams.  One of the teams is for those who have Ashford Spinning Wheels.  The second team is for those who are going to use a spindle in some way shape or form, either a hand spindle or a spindle wheel.

I keep waiting for the e-spinners to get a team going, cause I can seriously to some yardage on that baby!  In fact that is the "wheel"  I have been spinning on this week.  For some reason, I feel like I need to finish up my current spinning projects, so I can have brand new ones for the "Tour"!

 This is the last bump of  roving for this project.  I only have one bobbin for the e-spinner, so I have been winding off the finished bobbins onto the spools from my sectional warping rack.




There are really only the two colors!  As the fibers compress they darken.  I have gotten 2 spools from each bump, and I think I am going to use 1 strand of the dark brown and 2 strands of the lighter brown and make a lovely 3ply with it.  I will probably borrow my daughters wheel for that, it has such huge bobbins!




I am now making my plans for the "Tour 2013" projects, nothing quite final yet, but I will show you when I am sure.  Now, back to the looms!

Until next time, Happy Weaving and Spinning, Tina

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're "in shape" for the Tour! Happy Spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall be treadling away whilst watching the Tour as well although I'm not part of a group. I watch other cycling road races and always sit and spin along. I'm knitting some yarn I spun up watching the Giro d'Italia at the moment. I have a huge stack of drumcarded Portland fleece waiting patiently for 29th June! Looking forward to my 3 weeks holiday en France maybe I will see you somewhere en route! Happy treadling.
    Rachel
    The Deerfold Spinner

    ReplyDelete