Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Learning the easy way!

I was in the middle,(literally) of weaving that rug from the last post, when I read a post from a blog I follow, Crazyasaloom.blogspot.com.  Hilary, the author. was talking about having to reweave a rug because the knit weft she had used in one section, had shrunk during the washing process, differently than the woven fabric that the rest of the rug was made of.  I realized that though most of my t-shirts are used, therefore washed and dried multiple times, I had a batch of  blue and a batch of gold t-shirts that were left over from an event, therefore they had not been washed!

In fact it is that gold right there, getting ready to load onto the cloth beam!  On the other side of the beam, already rolled out of view is the blue I am talking about.

I have decided that I am going to listen to Hilary, and I am going to unweave this rug and wash and dry the offending t-shirts and strips, all so that I can know that this rug will behave when it is washed!

That is a lot of unweaving, but I think it will be well worth the time and effort to produce something I can be proud of!  Luckily, I have only made one other rug using those colors, I will have to let the couple, that received it as a gift, know to watch out for that little problem!

I am so glad I read Hilary's post before I finished and cut off this rug!  I like this way of learning!

Until, next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

1 comment:

  1. It's better to be safe than sorry! Those shirts could have shrunk up a bunch!

    ReplyDelete