Friday, May 10, 2013

In Production Mode


In the main Studio,  to compliment the full lace hand towels I am already doing, I have decided to do some hand towels and napkins in mostly plain weave with just a border of Swedish lace,.  This is a picture of a hand towel in blue cotton flake.  I love the texture that the flake creates.  Unfortunately, the lace border pattern I settled on, was already on the cloth beam so I couldn't get a good picture of it!





Here is a shot of the yarns that I bought today, from R & M yarns.  I posted more about them on the Tuesday Weavers blog.  I am going to use them for the same white warp you see above, hand towels and napkins.





In the Studio overflow room across the hall, there is another rug on the Reed Cambridge, using the black and white Hollywood rug warp.  (As I was getting started on this rug, I noticed a threading error that had slipped by me for the last 2 rugs!  At least they were gifts and nobody but me will notice it!)

 I had been thinking about weaving a rug using bold colorful stripes like what you might see on the old Hudson Bay wool blankets, and wouldn't you know it, one of the girls brought one in on Tuesday to show and tell!  That clinched it!  I did not look closely at the blanket, and I am using the colors I had left over from my last rug.

I pulled out the adding machine tape and planned out this rug so that the rug would come out symmetrical.  I love how the t-shirt material packs in nice and tight so that the warp pattern shines!

I will be making a red stripe next, then a wider white center section, then I will reverse the strip pattern.  I think that this may be one of  my rug templets. I have many more white t-shirts than any other color, plus they are easier to come by!  I also have loads of this yellow and  blue, I can replace the red with other colors when I run out.

  In the flower gardens I am working on reclaiming the borders!  The grass wants so bad to take over everything!  Dear One is working on creating a couple of Wildflower gardens,  they may not look like much this year, but they will look wonderful  next year!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Spinning, Knitting and Gardening, Tina



1 comment:

  1. You just gotta love Hollywood rugs! Those colors are working up very nicely!

    ReplyDelete