Friday, December 14, 2012

In Between

Last week Lou Ann sent me a link to a video, that her sister Joyce had sent her, to send to me!  It was a You Tube tutorial on felting wool around soap bars.  Of course, I had to try it out immediately!  I took some white roving and some red roving and some soap I had on hand and gave it a go.

I think they came out pretty good.   I have since watched several more such videos and have perfected my plans.  Wednesday, Lou Ann and I met at the Dollar Store here in town, and I picked up several of the Yardley soaps, and Lou Ann picked those as well plus a couple others they had on hand.

Today, between the cleaning and painting I need to do for the Christmas gathering that is going to happen at my place, I will be making batts of fluffy white wool for a base, and I think I am going to pull out the scraps of Alpaca I have from that last warp.  Of course, I have more of the red wool, as well as purple and blue and maybe some other colors hanging around.

These will be presents for our Mothers, who have everything that they need really, and who appreciate a hand made item, especially when it smells good!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. I plan on making some this afternoon! I can't wait to try one in the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some at the art center this week. Did ou make those?

    ReplyDelete