Thursday, November 1, 2012

Moving right along!

Life has been very busy lately, hence the non blogging!  Not much weaving going on since just before the Museum of Appalachia Homecoming.

One commitment after another is claiming my attention.  First a conference in Denver, then we had a Son and his family in last week and this week my youngest daughter and her Husband are in for a couple of days.  To accomplish something, I finished the baby blanket that I had woven for their upcoming adoption and it was waiting for them in the guest room!


To top it all off, today we moved my MIL from her efficiency apartment into a one bedroom apartment!  It was great to have the kids in to help.  We got everything moved in, and even got the pictures hung!  We made plans about what else should come from her storage unit now that she has a little more room.  I think that may happen Saturday afternoon.  She is thrilled with her new digs!

I am planning to get to the looms on Saturday morning, right after the kids get on the road.  I have several pieces I would love to finish for the Foothills Guild Craft Show.  I have a very colorful looper rug to finish weaving with a cool black and white fabric one under it.



I also would love to weave up a couple of the Bread Cloths I have on the Leclerc, and I could possible weave up the last of the Baby blankets on Lillian.  I have a placemat warp on the little no name loom on the landing, it has one runner already woven, with warp for more.   I can't start something new on the little Leclerc as I am waiting for the specifics on a custom order. ( Hopefully, I won't hear from them until after the show!)

That is about it for me, the weather is getting progressively cooler, we have had a fire in the wood stove morning and evening for about 4 days in a row now.  I think there will be a warm up this weekend, but I have enjoyed the fires.  (I even rearranged the furniture so that I can see the fire from the couch!)

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina



1 comment:

  1. And now you start the two week rush...Foothills will be here before you know it!!! Enjoy your family while they're here.

    ReplyDelete