Friday, September 14, 2012

Couldn't Sleep

Every once in awhile, I have trouble sleeping.  My mind is racing in so many different directions, and there is no stopping it!  The only thing to do is to go upstairs to the Studio, and do something quiet, so that I don't wake up Dear One!

My plan was to go thru my knitting yarns and see what would be good to use to weave a scarf or shawl. (Lou Ann has let my In Town Daughter and I borrow her Rigid Heddle loom to use our wool yarn, and while Daughter has her yarn chosen, I have not.)  While I was rummaging around, I ran across the black shetland yarn I had spun up for Dear One's Cardigan.  I ended up doing a Vest instead, so there was a lot of yarn left over.  I found a couple of skeins and a sleeve and the back to the sweater.  I stopped sorting yarn, and I immediately began to frog it and wind it onto the Niddy Noddy.  I decided wait until morning to soak it.

Doesn't it look funny all poodled up!  I have found that a soothing activity like spinning yarn, or knitting, or even frogging a long discarded project, soothes my mind.  It lets me relax, and just zone for a minute or two, or 20!  Then relaxed,  I surveyed my skeins of yarn, with a slight feeling of accomplishment,  I glanced at the clock, it was 3am, and I was ready for sleep.



The next morning, I put the skeins in to soak before I did the outside chores, so that by the time I came back in they were ready to hang up to dry.  This afternoon, they are almost dry, and I calculated that I have 525 yards of fingering weight black shetland.  That is enough to do a smashing shawl for me, myself and I.  I have been combing Ravelry today to find just the right one.  If I really need to, for just the right project, I know I have another lb. of that roving that I can spin up!  Maybe on my next sleepless night!



Until next time, Happy Weaving, Spinning and Knitting, Tina


Yummm!  Did you ever hear of Crockpot Granola!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE my crock pot granola!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing what you and M come up with on the RH loom. All that beautiful wool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of it, and I am demanding a recipe! Beautiful yarn, and you deserve a project you, yourself and you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recipe - please! Beautiful hand spun, you deserve to make something for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring a recipe for us at weaving on Tuesday. I have never had crock pot granola.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I will post about it in a day or two!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete