Friday, August 3, 2012

While in California

 I was in California last week visiting my Mother, and the rest of the family.  It was stop number one of my West Coast tour.

While I was there I was able to make a lot of progress on a new knitting project, the Lily Shawl by Drops.  It has a lily of the valley border around the bottom and then you pick up along one side and knit the rest of the shawl in stockinette.  It is really going good, I may be able to knit on it a little bit more while I am here in Oregon helping my daughter with her new baby.  I also took some sample bread cloths to one of my west coast customers for approval, and we finalized the order.  That will be my first order of business when I get home.


Just yesterday,  I got a text from my oldest daughter, back in Tennessee, who has been bitten by the spinning bug, showing me her newest skeins.  She told me it was really unfair of me to introduce her to a new hobby and then leave town!  :)


 She has really taken off,  she even has knitting projects in mind for these skeins!
 I will be home next week to answer her questions, though I think she is doing just fine.  It won't be long before she has passed me up in this craft too!
Until next time, find you a baby to hug!  Tina

2 comments:

  1. I should have known there was some knitting going on!!! You should be finished before you head east! Way to go, M! She's a wiz on the wheel!

    ReplyDelete