Friday, August 10, 2012

Home again

While I was in Portland, visiting my daughter and new grandson, I finished the Lily Shawl, by Drops.  I did not have my blocking wires, so I had to wait until I got home to do that.  I had done most of the knitting in California, which was a good thing because in Portland there was very little knitting time to be had!

 I worked the lily of the valley border first and then I picked up along one edge and worked the stockinette body.  I worked in a  few short rows towards the end to give me a little shoulder shaping.  Then I picked up stitches along the other side of the border and worked a picot edging that I really like!

Below you can see the border all opened up during the blocking phase.


I believe if I were to do this again, I might find a pattern that has a single lily instead of the double one this pattern has.

That is about it for today, I am slowly coming out of my travelers fog, and looking forward to getting back to my regular schedule!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Spinning and Knitting, Tina


2 comments:

  1. So very nice. This is my favoriate knitting project so far. Don't forget to bring it for show and tell on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is beautiful! Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete