Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Little Bit of Fiber is Always Good!

We camped in the Smokies last week, and while we were there I was able to have some fiber time.  One day I was able to spin almost a full bobbin of  the Merino Silk I got at the Middle Tennessee Fiber Festival.  I will probably finish it up this week.



I also was able to make a lot of progress on another Lily Shawl.  A friend of mine saw the burgundy one I finished a couple of weeks ago, and she really loved it.  She then promptly ordered 2, a purple one and a teal one.  She wanted to use the same yarn I had used on mine, and that was Knit Picks Gloss fingering.  It is a lovely yarn, soft and with a little shine from the silk.  I was not able to find the Gloss in purple but they did have a soft grey, which she approved.



The cool thing about the Drops patterns is that you can knit them to sell, as long as you give credit to them for the design, and as long as you don't mass produce them!

Anyway, this time I am keeping track of my hours, I am up to 18 hrs so far, and I am coming to the end of the body of the shawl, with just a picot edging left to do.  I still like the pattern, which is a good thing  since I have to turn around and do one in teal!


I love the Lily of the Valley border!  The border alone took 14 hours!  I had a lot fewer mistakes to correct this time, I wonder how long it took me to do the burgundy one!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Spinning and Knitting, Tina

1 comment:

  1. I think that sitting by the stream just spinning away sounds like a lovely idea! That is beautiful wool!

    ReplyDelete