Monday, June 25, 2012

What I have learned

I have finished the first bread cloth, and I have learned a ton in weaving it!  I learned that I really like this lace pattern, my own variation of Brooks Bouquet.  I also learned that it does Not hurt my hands to do it, like it did when I was having a flair up of some sort 2 years ago! That is a relief, I was really worried I would have to suffer through this project!

I have also learned that I will need to either borrow a 30in temple from the weaving center or order one right away.  The draw in with the lace was incredible and so there was lots of yarn breakage! So this project is on hold until I can get the temple!


I have also continued working with the white Suri Alpaca. It is really interesting to work with, cause the top wants to just fall apart at the slightest movement.  That means, I comb the top and when I take it off the comb it goes directly into a 13x9 pan.

That pan goes on my lap and I spin directly from the pan, trying not to lift the top any more than necessary! It is going well but I cannot prepare more than a pan full at a time, it just makes a mess!


Here is a bobbin of the Alpaca, I will Navajo ply these fine singles on my jumbo Louet bobbins.  I will be able to get 2 regular Ashford bobbins on one jumbo bobbin.  It makes a big satisfying skein of yarn when you are done.


Until next time, Happy Weaving, and Spinning, Tina


3 comments:

  1. That lace is LOVELY!!! I'm glad it's not so painful this time around! Surely there is a temple at the Center!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is the most beautiful cloth I have ever seen, but I can see why it would draw in like crazy with that lacey center. Still, I would just love to rub my hands over it and feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too pretty for a bread cloth. I just love it. Glad it doesn't hurt your hands to do it. That pattern would make a beautiful shawl.

    ReplyDelete