Monday, June 11, 2012

In the Middle

I am at the half way mark threading the custom order bread cloths.  It is going smoothly, no surprises.  I decided to take a break and work on the Swedish Lace napkins, or actually I am doing a couple of hand towels right now, I am almost to the end of this warp, and wanted to have a couple hand towels to give as a gift.
 Half way through the last hand towel, I started to think about the bread cloths and how I was going to mange the hand manipulated lace in the center.  I was weaving the lace pattern on the towel and realized that part of the problem I have with the Brooks Bouquet lace is the counting of the threads so that the little laces are centered!

Wait a minute, the Swedish Lace center pattern that I am threading on the custom order will give me a frame work for my  counting, or maybe I could use the treadles to help me lift the threads I need to wrap!  I tried it out, right then and there, in the middle of a towel!  It will take a little more sampling before I am really happy with it, but I think it has promise!


Now back to our regularly scheduled activity, or actually, now I have to go un-weave that towel!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

1 comment:

  1. Ah...it could just be a design feature in that towel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete