Friday, May 4, 2012

New Yarn?

Actually, I should not be calling this new yarn because it was spun up years ago, just never plied!  
First, a skein of white Shetland from my Francis, (I haven't had sheep for at least 5 years)


I just had the one cop, so I decided to Navajo ply it, (3ply), and see how I like it!


I love it!  I had never tried it with my Shetland,  I had only 2 plied it before!  It is soft and lofty, and very knit-able, I must do some more!






Next in line is my very first attempted to use a colored batt that I had received as a gift.  I had no clue!




I am calling it Ugly Yarn, here it is on the bobbin as a single.

Getting Navajo plied!


Finally in the skein, still Ugly Yarn.  Lou Ann says it is beautiful, we will see how it knits up.  Maybe a hat?

I picked up some more T-Pins this week and blocked the Shetland Tea Shawl that took me 2 years to knit.  It isn't quite as wide as I would have liked it to be, but it will be a very warm shoulder shawl, I am pleased!





Next up on the horizon, I have 2 Cria (baby alpaca) fleeces that I am going to process and spin up for a friend of mine. One is white and one is black, the white one is Suri alpaca and the black one is Huacaya.  The Suri is like angora, and the Huacaya is like cashmere.  I am proceeding very carefully.


I have posted on Loomy Tunes about my new weaving project.


Until next time, Happy Weaving and Spinning, Tina

4 comments:

  1. I agree with LouAnn. I really love that "ugly" yarn. I think it is pretty. The shawl looks great also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you STILL call that yarn ugly!!! It is so soft, and it would make great hats for next winter....maybe one with those crazy ear flaps!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That isn't ugly! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just not your colorway, I think. Your yarns are so perfect! Just like store-bought! only better...

    ReplyDelete