Monday, April 23, 2012

So Simple Sock

I have noticed, even if you haven't, the absence of my sock project pictures for the month of April.  I believe that with one sock barely past half way, this pair will have to do for April and May! It is a lovely sock pattern with lovely yarn, I think I just have no drive to knit on them!

Maybe it is because I finished the shawl, and I feel a little lost, maybe it is because Lou Ann got me spinning/plying/combing fleece again, maybe it is because my mind and internet searches are full of Nigora Goats.  I don't know, but it is not the socks fault!


A simple sock, in fact it is the "Noro Silk Garden So Simple Sock".  I am using a different yarn that is just scrumptious, "J A Woll Color, Aktion " put out by Lang Yarns, I love these colors with the simplicity of the design.  Most of the leg is 3/1 rib, which continues down the foot.

 If you look closely at the front of the sock there is one rib that is 4 stitches!  Every seventh row I simply do that one cable!  Love it!

Why then am I not knitting them!  Probably all of the above reasons and more!  Life is full around here, and since I gave myself permission to stretch these socks to May, I am breathing just a little easier!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. WOW....LOVE that sock!!! It looks so soft...someone is going to be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice socks! I like the one cable running down the sock. It sounds like life is good with the spinning/plying/combing going on.

    ReplyDelete