Wednesday, April 25, 2012

UFO's

Last week, I was rummaging through my spinning stash and equipment to get Lou Ann started on the basics, so that when her wheel came she would be one step ahead of the game.  While I was rummaging, I ran across some unfinished business.  Three of them (so far) as a matter of fact!  Two full Ashford bobbins, and a bag of blended batts. These three items had been spun / blended several years ago, and then forgotten.

The batts are a beautiful blend of Silver Shetland and Burgundy Merino, just enough color to liven it up a bit.  I had just borrowed the drum carder from the center, and was really happy with the results.  I don't know why I didn't even try a sample, but I didn't.


I left the picture a little larger than I normally do, it is a good representation of the colors.  And then a close up of the bobbin half full.  I have enough to make 2 good sized skeins 2ply, and I have enough of the Silver Shetland to use for contrast.

I am thinking along the lines of a shawl that is mostly this lovely blend with silver accents, and I think I am going to be weaving it!  I have not woven with my handspun yet, but I have knitted with it several times.

I will post about the full forgotten bobbins later on this week,

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. Your treasure hunt turned up some great booty!!! That is lovely yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find. Very nice looking yarn. It would make a beautiful shawl.

    ReplyDelete