Friday, April 20, 2012

As Promised

I finally found my supported spindle, and was able to spin up that lovely bit of  Nigora Top!  It spun up like a dream!   I was surprised at how easy it was to spin, even negotiating the few neps that were there was not a problem.

As they say a picture is worth a thousand words!


On Tuesday, Linda is going to bring a clean larger sample, and I am going to bring my combs. We are going to play just a little with the fluff while others weave.



I forgot to mention that a Nigora Goat is a cross between an Angora Goat and a Nigerian Dwarf goat.  The resulting goat is said to be dual purpose, milk and fiber!  The fiber does not have the lanolin that is present in sheep breeds.  That, my friends is why I am so interested in this fluff, I cannot handle fibers that have lanolin in them for very long, my skin will turn red and blister if I am exposed too long.

I am loving this research, and I know that Nigora's are hard to find, but I just might have to find some!

Until next time, Happy Weaving Tina

3 comments:

  1. That looks so soft and fluffy. You may need to check into getting a Nigora goat for yourself. I hear one calling your name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is softest yarn ever! Please bring it Tuesday for everyone to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nigora, hmm, a new fiber to look for and to try.

    ReplyDelete