Friday, March 30, 2012

Pizza


This dear little boy, is the reason, along with his sisters, I was in Texas last week, and why it has been so long since my last post! I took him one of my blankets, well actually, I brought several and let the girls choose one for him.

 My Daughter in law is amazing, she quietly goes about her day, making a great quantity of food from scratch for her family, even with a newborn in tow.  I suppose much like I did when I had little ones. .

When it is just the two of you, it is not as straight forward.  For example, if I make Pizza, the recipe for dough makes enough for 2 large Pizzas.  One Pizza is two meals for us.   So we usually have simple stuff, like soup and cornbread, or Chef Salad, or even Stuffed Baked Potatoes, all single serving dishes.  Last night, though, I went ahead and made up the two Pizzas and refrigerated the leftovers. Today at lunch I had leftover Pizza, and I enjoyed it.  I don't know how much I am going to enjoy the rest of it, but I figure it is worth a try. Does that mean I am spoiled?

Just before I left for Texas, a woodworking friend of mine dropped by to take the wheel to the Great Wheel home with him.  He is going to fix a couple of the spokes that are loose.  He was worried about hurting the antique value of it.  I told him I want to be able to use it! It is my favorite teaching tool after all!  I can't wait to get it back!


Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

5 comments:

  1. Yum!!! Homemade pizza!!! I just ordered a pizza stone this week! I can't wait to try it out. Doesn't S look so cute wrapped in his Mimi's handwoven blanket!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet boy! He looks wonderful wrapped up in your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious. Those blankets are being put to good use. And I bet that pizza tasted delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cute and looks great in your beautiful woven blanket. Pizza looks so good.

    ReplyDelete