Friday, March 2, 2012

March Socks!

Here is a peek at the socks for March.

The pattern, is again  from Ravelry,  this time they are called "Circle Socks", and I believe it is a free pattern.  It is a clever slipped stitch pattern, on the leg and then plain stockinette foot.  I bought a second 00 addi turbo circular so that I could do both socks at once.





I am posting over on the Tuesday Weavers blog today, so I will send you over there for the weaving content.

On a side note, I have spent the last day and a half going around to all the thrift stores in my area.  I have had to give up my clothes that are too big, and hunt for medium sized clothes that will tide me over until I can get down to a stable smaller size.  I have done very well, countless tops and a few skirts, plus my biggest find ever, a London Fog Trench coat in my size range for $15! I know!  I couldn't believe it!  I came home and was able to pare down my closet even more, before I went out today.  I spent less than $50, not counting the new under garments to make the girls perkier, and I think I am set til this fall. I love the variety that you can find at the thrift stores, not racks and racks of the same thing.  Most of the shops I went to have started sorting all their clothes by color, which is a tremendous help!

That is all for now,  until next time, Happy weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. Sock looks great.You will have to bring them for show and tell on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your March socks are lookin' good!!!! And, congrats on the weight loss that means you get new clothes!!!!

    ReplyDelete