Friday, February 17, 2012

Update

I thought I would hop on and give an update on the chocolate pest control project. (See previous post.)
The first couple of mornings, when I checked the feed room, you could see that the "pests" had moved the squares of chocolate around and maybe licked them, but, evidently, they didn't like that kind of chocolate any more than I did !
So I broke down and bought some milk chocolate with almonds in it.  I opened the wrapper and placed it in the feed room that evening.  In the morning, it was gone!  Even the wrapper was gone!  That night I put another one in the feed room.  The next morning it was still there, but it was really chewed on.
I fed all the animals and took Scout out for our morning run, and as we were approaching the house on our way back, Scout and I found a dead rat right beside the road.  I don't know if it is from the barn or not, I would hope so!  It would tickle me pink to find one in the barn itself so that I could know if my devious plot is working or not.
Anyway, I am getting ready to go out and do the morning feeding, as soon as I sign off.  I hope to be able to report back with conclusive evidence within the next few days.

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

4 comments:

  1. Would this be considered organic pest control????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the stupid rat got an almond stuck in it's throat - they always say that chocolate cures all ills. Here is more proof that it does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering if maybe the rats have started a very clever rumor. Fed them chocolate and watch they'll expire. Of course I have images in my mind of them all huddled eating chocolate and laughing their little rodent butts off.....

    ReplyDelete