Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Projects

January is already in progress, and so are my new January Sock Club socks.

I know, I know, it isn't a sock, it is a scarf.  I just couldn't see using this particular yarn in my feet!  When I searched on Ravelry for this yarn, Noro Silk Garden, this was one of the projects.  riverrun You can click on the link to get the particulars.
This yarn is a single ply, with silk and merino wool, and mohair, so I felt it was much better suited for a scarf.  The yarn in the picture is the exact same kind of yarn, just a different colorway.

I think that  the light fabric weft in these place-mats is really nice.  I have done 4 with a medium weft, and 4 with this light weft.  I probably have enough warp left for 4 more, what do you think about using a darker weft to show off the light colors in the warp?  I will either do that or I could do 2 more of each color.

One of our friends gave us this movable kitchen cart this week.  I thought I could use it best in the studio.  I have attached the Frazer rag cutter and the swift.  I put bins on the lowest shelf for bobbins and I have put shuttles on the middle shelf.  I think I will also put my bobbin winder on it as well.  It does take up some room, but it will be so nice not to have to search all over the studio for these things when I need them!

Thanks for stopping by,  until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

4 comments:

  1. You are going to LOVE having everything on one cart!!! It sure beats clamping on and taking off! Those placemats look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cart will be a wonderful addition to your studio! Everything right where you need it. The scarf looks great as does the placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for the cart. I like that pattern on the placemats. Love the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use two moveable kitchen carts in my studio because it is so small. I think they're great.

    I'm interested to know what sett you used and how wide you cut your strips for this project and if you're happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete