Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A looong day!

It is getting close to Christmas, and we have the great pleasure of having my Daughter and Son in law come stay with us for a week or so.  If I am not mistaken, the last time they stayed with us was last Christmas.  A lot has happened to that bedroom since then....

In that room there was camping gear, (more gear on the landing too), boxes of stuff that I have been ignoring for way too long (we moved here 10 years ago!), 2 looms, all the knitting yarns, all the rug fabrics, 2 sewing machines and 2 spinning wheels.   I planned to move the camping gear to the shed.  I looked in the shed, no way was that going to happen!  I have to clean out the shed first!  In order to clean out the shed, I have to finish putting up the fence for the goats.  Well, I suppose I didn't have to do that, but it was one of the things I really wanted to get done today, so it came first.  I had the fencing up by 9am, ( I had put the posts in yesterday),  I transferred several long boards and planks to the barn, and I put them on top of the walls of the chicken room, I hope it will keep them a little warmer.  The shorter boards I stacked under the work bench, and ecco fatto, there was the floor!  I put all the chemicals that Dear One loves on the shelves, then I was ready to bring out the camping gear.  I finished all that by 11:30 am, then had lunch, and I may have taken a micro nap!

It was time to tackle the guest room,  with the camping gear gone I was able to maneuver the smallest loom out on the landing.



Next, I went through a bookcase that was overflowing with old school papers and stuff.  I threw away a lot of stuff!  I pulled the bookcase out from the wall, and cleaned the floor under it.  I moved it back in place and replaced the stuff I kept. I probably should have worn a dust mask!!

I  finally sorted through the 4 or 5 boxes, and found that most of it was books that could go to Dear Ones office!  (When he came home he loaded up the truck, and took  it all, right then and there!)  All that there is left is one box for my west coast daughter to go through when she comes home in March!

I put the Electric Spinner in it's case and under the Sewing Machine cabinet.  I centered the rug loom on the craft half of the room and put the other Spinning Wheel beside it.  I then dusted and vacuumed, cleaned the window, damp mopped the floor, and heaved a sigh of relief! 


This is a little blurry but you get the idea, bed and dresser.


I can see the floor!  Why can't it always stay like this!



I sat down in the rocking chair of the previous picture to show you the craft side of the room.  I am really pleased with how it turned out. It looks good and it smells good too!  Tomorow is our day off, so I will be resting!

Friday, I will organize and clean the main studio, but at least I don't have to clean the shed first! Now where is my Aleve?

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. I am exhausted just thinking about it! And, doesn't it look nice. That rug loom sure looks much better! After Christmas you'll be ready to weave again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exhausted just reading about all that. It really looks nice.

    ReplyDelete