Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Now that the Show is over...

Now that we can all breath easier, my thoughts have turned to Thanksgiving and what in the world I will bring!  After a quick text conversation, it was decided that I would bring :
A broccoli  casseroule
A large green Salad
A gallon of Sweet Tea
and last but not least my Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies!


My recipe is from the Make a Mix cookbook.  I have had this cookbook for several years, and this is my favorite recipe!  It is a quadruple  one and you can easily freeze the extra dough for several months.  This time however, I am baking the whole thing.


Here are our little beauties all  lined up ready to go.  I always use parchment paper under my cookies, they have enough butter in them already, don't you think!  Yes, I use the real thing!  One of my girls is lactose intolerant, and I made the switch for her, and never looked back!  This time I also ground the soft wheat kernels too!  I don't always do that, but it tastes so good when I do!


Here it is,  the first pan out of the oven!  Oh No!  Do you see that broken cookie!  Here let me fix that!



Now that's better!  Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Tina

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!!! I hope your family time is special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies look good. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete