Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bench Pad

This afternoon at about 1pm, I pulled the bench pad out of the washer where I had spun out all the extra water.  I immediately called Lou Ann and asked her if she wanted to see something fun!  She of course said "yes!"  Off I went trying not to speed!  I had wrapped it in a towel since it was still a little damp, but when I unwrapped it she was thrilled at what she saw!

Do you want to see too!


Here it is, exactly as she saw it.  We discussed the spacing of the fluff rows, I had done two different spacings, and the color combinations, stripes and mixed.

Before I had felted it, this is what I had.



Soft and fuzzy, and comfy too, in fact I may leave one unfelted to show the girls  on Tuesday.
Now the real question is, can I get a couple done, so that they will be dry by Friday?  To that end, I left right away and came home, re-tied the warp and got started.  I pulled out all my fleeces that were in roving form, much easier to work with.  If it is not in roving form, I have to get it in that form.  I decided to do a white one in lambs wool.

You should see it!  I haven't uploaded that picture, so that will have to wait until later.

I may be done for today,  there is dinner to fix, and laundry to do.  If I get a chance tomorrow I will post a picture of the white one.  I have enough to do a black one and a grey one and a brown one.  Or I could mix the colors a little if I wanted to.  We shall see how the white one turns out first.

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina
P.S. I am going to need more fleeces!

3 comments:

  1. I'm putting in my order for one NOW!!!! That is sheer heaven just touching it. I think you're on to something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete