Friday, October 14, 2011

All work and no play makes Tina ....

Wednesday and Friday are my big "work days", (if you can call weaving work, I like it so much!)  I finish up my outside chores and housekeeping chores and I am up in the studio about 10:30 am.  I weave until about 1pm, break for lunch and then work some more til about 5pm.

In the evenings, we are all about the current sport on TV, especially if there are play offs going on!  (Like right now!)  Since I can't bring the looms downstairs, I am usually happily knitting on the current project.  This last couple of weeks have been very productive in my knitting world.  I have finished several projects, I may even have blogged about them!  Let's see there was:

 Dear Ones Socks,


And then some socks for me

I wore them once and hated how thick they were, so I frogged them and made a Summer Shimmer Scarf.


Much better, the yarn can breath now!

I also finished a pair of socks I gave as a gift.  Los Monos Locos is their name.


(I know I have pics of the finished articles but I can't find them anywhere!)

Just yesterday I finished a "Vesterday" for one of my granddaughters!




Here it is after a nice warm bath and a good blocking.  I have enough to do another one for the other granddaughter that is the same size.  I need to double check and make sure this one fits before I start a second on though!  It seems to match the measurements I was shooting for, we shall see.

I get most of my patterns at Ravelry.com.  It is an online Knit/Crochet community.  If you are interested in these things and you haven't checked it out, you really should.  These were all free patterns!

Well it is time to go get to Work now, Until next time,  Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. You have been very productive. What wonderful items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the socks...I can't believe you frogged them!!! I could have helped you out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with LouAnn! Come winter, you'll be wanting those socks back! Unless the scarf's around your neck...

    ReplyDelete