Monday, September 19, 2011

Oak Ridge Art Show

I went to the reception at the Oak Ridge Art Show.  You see Dear One and I had a couple of pieces accepted, and we just had to go see.  I had 2 pieces accepted and Dear One had one.  My friend Kathie had a landscape accepted too.

We didn't win any of the prizes, but we did learn that there had been 330 pieces submitted and only 110 pieces were accepted!  We felt great about that!

During the showroom tour, the presenter went around the 3 rooms that were used to display all the wonderful pieces.  There was everything from woodworking, pottery to glass work, and painting, collage, pen and ink, and there were a couple of fiber pieces.  My 2 woven pieces, a knitted wall hanging, and 2 quilts.  As the presenter moved about the room she pointed out a few pieces and my 2 woven pieces were mentioned!  I was floored!

It was a really fun evening and we are already thinking about what we will submit for next years show.
I will try to get some pictures of our work displayed and post them here this week.

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful! You SHOULD be so proud! You and hubby do such fine work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I'm glad you two had a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete