Monday, September 26, 2011

Is it worth it?

For the past several months, I have been having a very hard time making myself sit down to weave the Baby Blankets for the fall show.  I couldn't put my finger on it but it just wasn't fun!  I really dreaded it!  I thought great, here I am already losing my interest, just because I have done a lot of them.  What kind of production weaver are you anyway!

I was bummed about it too.  I thought maybe I just need to find another product, that will do it.  The only problem with that is I still have yards and yards of the overshot Baby Blanket warp to weave off.  I do mean lots!

Last week we were notified that a dear friend has cancer, and will have to undergo chemo and radiation.  My daughter asked me to do a Chemo Comfort Blanket for her.  We chose the color, and which pattern I would use, and I got started right away.  In just a few hours of weaving I have done close to 2/3rds of this longer blanket, and get this, it is fun!!!!  I had decided not to use the temple this time so that I might get it done quicker, and what do you know, it was using the temple that was robbing my joy! 

I am using carpet warp, so I would have to advance the temple every time I turned around.  That meant I was never able to get into any kind of weaving rythym!  (I suppose with finer threads it would be better.)  I checked my measurements of the blankets I have finished and I really only gained 1 inch by using the temple,  that is just not enough of a difference to spoil my fun!

I am pumped now,  after I finish the baby blue Blanket that is in progress with the temple in use, I am not going to use it any more for this project!  It is freeing, it is exciting, it is a sigh of relief!  Maybe I really  can do this!


Oh, and Rebecca, this one is for you!  Praying all the way for your recovery,  Love,  La tua Zia, Tina

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

5 comments:

  1. Yeah...you got your mojo back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snail trail blanket, pretty color. I detest temples and don't use them - I can now hear the naysayers barking in the background - good thing I listen to my own inner self. Glad you found the joy of creating again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that is great news! Glad such a small change has brought the joy back for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray! I love your blankets! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting into a rythum does make it fun. Glad you got your rythum back.

    ReplyDelete