Friday, August 12, 2011

Waiting for Inspiration to Hit!

I borrowed a Rigid Heddle Loom from the Craft Center this week.  I had big plans to use these skeins of Knit Picks City Tweed in a scarf, and take the loom with me on vacation.  The more I look at it however the more frozen with indecision I have become.


 I really do want to use the Rigid Heddle, but I am drawing a blank about how to use these colors!  There are only 123 yds in each skein, so it is going to take some thinking to do this yarn justice.

Are any of you ever so paralized by the thought of wasting beautiful yarn that you end up not doing anything with it?  This yarn was originaly bought for a very intricate intarsia shawl.  The chart was a color chart and not a symbol chart and some of these colors on the chart were so close in value that I found it impossible to follow.  Now I am usually pretty good at chart reading, but it may be that these old eyes were just not meant to read that chart.  The yarn has been waiting for 2 years to be used, and I think that this project will be the answer, I just need to choose the colors and do the math.  That is going to have to wait I think til we get back from the beach, and maybe some cooler weather wouldn't hurt either!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. Did the washer give you enough space on that rigid heddle? I thought that sounded like a good solution. You could always try wrapping the yarn until you get a combination that you like. Those are beautiful colors, so just have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea Lou Ann, I will try that when I get back home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Figure out the length of your warp, divide it into the yards of your skeins and then decide what order to put them on. Don't neglect your weft. Chandler's book as a great chart to help on the last page.

    ReplyDelete