Friday, July 1, 2011

Tatted Lace Cap

I visited my Son and his family this week in Texas.  While I was there his wife brought out a Tatted Bonnet that her Great Great Grandmother had made.  It is so beautiful that I had to share it  with you.  A Cabbage Patch doll with dark hair offered to model the hat for us since we didn't have a real babies head to do the job.
I hope that you can see the detail on this cap, be sure and click on the pictures to enlarge them if you want to. 

It really got my fingers itching to bring out my shuttles and try to duplicate it!   There are so many picots on this hat and the thread is so fine, I know it would take me forever to make it, but I may have to try, maybe with a thread that isn't quite that fine.  If I do give it a try I will post pictures as I go along.

That is it for now, I am off to do some laundry and see if I can finish weaving the baby blanket that is already in progress on the loom.

It is good to be home,
Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. The time it must have taken to do all the detailed work. Too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have full confidence that if anyone can duplicate that precious little hat, you can!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That is beautiful. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete