Thursday, July 14, 2011

Produce!

Tomatoes are almost a given this time of year.  Some years it is true have been lean, but not this year!
Here are some Yukon Gold new potatoes.  These are a thin skinned potato, just right for digging all thru the summer.  The Russetts we will let go til the fall, for storage.
This is my second batch of Blackberry Jam/Preserves, this time I used Maggies recipe, which uses no pectin.  I was a little nervous because I did not have a candy thermometer to keep track of the the temp.  I had bought one yesterday and left it at Wally World, when I went to go get it today, they didn't have any more.  So I followed the old sheeting method you find in books like "Stocking Up ".  To say I was a little nervous about it is an understatement.  I had a little left over so I put it in a little glass bowl on the counter to cool.

Well what do you know, it worked! Yumm!







Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. Yumm, that looks good. Glad it worked for you. The tomatoes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've worked so hard in your garden...and now you get to enjoy!!! The jam looks yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I 'm glad it worked! You'll be so happy this winter to taste blackberries!

    ReplyDelete