Monday, June 13, 2011

New things!

On Saturday Carol and I headed out for Gatlinburg.  We were on a mission to pick up a Loom that needed a new home.

She is an older Leclerc, I can't seem to find her on their website so it will take a little research to find that out.  She is solid, and only missing one of the beams, an apron rod, and a few screws.  She is cleaned up and already in the studio.  She only has a 27 inch weaving width, so she will be set up for the little stuff: mug rugs, towels, scarves, placemats, shawls and fleecey bench pads.  I think it is the bench pads that will be put on first.  I am itching to get that figured out and my benches covered!

Here are a couple of new pictures of the kids. 


On day 2, I was a little concerned about the little doeling, she wasn't as perky as the buckling.  I milked out a couple of tablespoons of milk from Snickers, and I took a new 3ml syringe and syringe fed her two of those.  Later on that evening, I put her up to nurse and made sure that Snickers was letting her have her share.  She nursed really well, but I will continue to keep an eye on her.

 
A little more playful pose.
The buckling all ready to explore his world.  I will keep them seperate from the others until they are in full bounce mode.


I am still waiting for Mopsie to have hers, I think she may have 2 as well, I sure hope so.


I will be selling the buckling for sure, but that won't be until September.  I hope you are enjoying them as much as I am! 

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new pics of the kids. They sure are cute! And, big CONGRATS on the new loom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very nice loom. It looks similar to the one I sold you. Very solid.
    Yes, thank you for the updates on the kids. I know nothing about farm animals and I find it so interesting.

    ReplyDelete