Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mmmm, Basil!

It has been wet this last week or so, and I would have picked some basil earlier, but the ground was so wet that I would have sunk up to my ankles.  Finally a couple of days ago I got in there and really pruned big time!  The aroma of this stuff is wonderful!




This time of year I am really selective about what goes into the dehydrator. Right now I am selecting only the best leaves and laying them out in a single layer, but let me tell you by the end of July I will be stuffing it in stems and all in a desperate attempt to just get it done!





It is all worth it though, when I can pull out my own dried Basil to use all year round and I can share just as much, or more than I keep!





Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. I can smell that wonderful aroma all the way over here!!!!

    ReplyDelete