Thursday, May 19, 2011

New Kid on the Block!

I sold my Knitting machine last week, and today I finally picked out my Treadle sewing machine.  The machine that you can see peeking out where the drawer is supposed to be, is a model number 27.  Made on April 10, 1901 in Elizabethport, New Jersey.  The machine is in really good condition, as is the cabinet.  It has some minor veneer problems that will be easy for the right person to fix.

I have to wait for my neighbor to come home, to help me get it out, or my daughter is coming in tomorrow sometime, so I can't show you more than this.

I have wanted a treadle machine for quite some time.  My motto on the Etsy shop is "Tromping old Treadles to make new Textiles".  I thought it would be cool to go foot powered all the way!

There are more machines where this one came from, so if you are in the area, and are interested, just let me know and I will point you in the right direction!

Oh, and I already found the drawer on ebay, I will bid on that tomorrow!

More later, until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you found one! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks like she's in great shape...can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a very nice machine she is.

    ReplyDelete