Friday, May 27, 2011

I think they are stuck that way!

 I took these pictures, about 2 weeks ago, of the Nigerian Dwarf does that I have on the little farm.  I was sure that by the next day there would be little goat babies running around all over the place.

Mopsie!





Snickers!


And yet, they still haven't given a single sign of upcoming labor.  They are both eating like there is no tomorrow,  and I can't see any progress by looking at their rears either.  They have however begun to "bag up" as they say. 

I have begun to get a little nervous, as these goats have been known to have up to 4 kids at a time!   I could possibly, though not probably, go from 4 goats to 12, in a matter of days!  What was I thinking!  It is more probable that they will both have twins, which is still doubling my herd.  Oh, well, all for a little milk in the pail.

Stay tuned for updates as soon as something happens.

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. So the male has been quite busy. Do you have a male or did you borrow one? You will have your hands full soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK....so when is the next full moon???? Or, take them for a bumpy walk....oh my! I thought for sure that the babies would be here by now!

    ReplyDelete