Saturday, May 21, 2011

A closer look

Here we are in the kitchen!  My daughter helped me move her in.
I oiled her up this morning, and she runs smoothly.  I need to replace the top tension spring or maybe even the whole piece, I have seen that online.
A closeup of the decal, I saw this called Pheasant/peacock.  I am not sure at all if that is correct, more research needed!  Yeah!
Front plate
Shuttle and bobbin!
Yet another bobbin winder
The drawer details, and treadle too for that matter.  There is another set of drawers on the other side.
I bought the center drawer on ebay, it should be here next week.  There are some attatchments included with the drawer, so I will not get any more til I see what there is.





The garden is looking good, I am doing weed control with my favorite claw like tool, almost every day.  I hope that if I spend 30 minutes or so every day I will work my way thru the garden in about a week and a half.  We shall see, the weeds usually win.

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous, and works too!! How wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you could find a center drawer. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the decorative detail on those old treadle machines. She's a beauty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Singer! She is a beauty! Please let us know how you like sewing with a treadle machine.

    ReplyDelete