Monday, April 4, 2011

Ideas!

I had an idea that I posted about a couple of weeks ago.  I was trying to use two colors in the same baby blanket.  The results were not exactly what I had wanted.  I wanted a flow between these two colors, and I didn't get it.

This first photo is of a one color blanket, and I am very pleased with it.
This second blanket is my experiement.  I really liked the parts where I used the two colors together, but I feel like the middle section is too bright!  I think I will stick with one color on these blankets or maybe even using two colors together the whole time.
I saw a very cute way to wrap a present in a book recently.  It was one of the books that has a million gift items you can knit in a few hours.  In the back of the book there were a couple of gift wrapping ideas that I really liked.  This one uses a button to anchor several threads of different dimensions and textures together.
Here is a close up of the button.  I burrito wrapped the rug in plain brown paper and then selected the yarn and ribbon from my stash, and just played with it a minute.  I think it is kind of cute don't you?






Today I am going to re-rinse all the skeins I have already soaked in salt water, just to make sure they are color fast.  I think that is probable just about all I will get done today, but you never know I may even get to some weaving.

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. That is a good idea with the button.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the button....and it will be time for Christmas before you know it!!! Now, where are my red and green buttons??????

    ReplyDelete