Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thrift Store Finds!

I was looking at the various thrift stores in our area yesterday, I was looking for a tall chair that I could use as a bench for the Sally loom, and I was looking for window blinds on the cheap, to use as sticks when I wind on a warp.
I found the blinds, and a few other things I was not looking for.

This paper dispenser is not remotely related to weaving, it just made me giggle.  I had to take it home.  At the check out we were talking about whether or not the new kitchen foils and papers probably would fit.  We thought they might be bigger than they used to be, just like everything else.
We were right too,  the only thing that fit was the waxed paper.  I can't remember the last time I used waxed paper!  The next time I buy foil or plastic wrap, I am going to see if I can find one that is 11.9 inches in length, because 12 inches is just too big!



Another thing I found that I had been wanting for a long time, is an old wooden ironing board.  I will use it when I display my wares at the next craft thing.  Isn't it just perfect!  It still has a sticker on it and everything!

I did NOT find a tall chair or stool to use with Sally, but I still have several thrift stores in the area to check out.  A bench would be a bit much in the family room, unless it was really small but tall.

Well, that is it for now, I spent the morning straightening up the studio, and then playing with the grandkids when my daughter brought them over for a change of venue.  They have had the snots since Saturday and couldn't take another day stuck at home. 

This afternoon we will work on some water issues in the barn, as in rain water seeping in, but that will be later when it warms up.  Til then I may go back to the studio and do some more cleaning and straightening, it is a frightful mess!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE old wooden ironing boards! I have my grandmother's and my Mom's wooden ironing boards. I even have one that was designed to be used between two chairs.....just the top! I think I'll work outside for a bit today...I've already done some work, but I also got 2 hours of weaving time in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful find. I really like that ironing board. I remember those boxes for different paper. I bet you can find the smaller rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't thrift stores fun? You just never know what you will find! I really like the ironing board. It will look wonderful with your handwovens on it.

    ReplyDelete