Friday, March 25, 2011

Setting up Shop!

This week I have been hard at work opening an online store on Etsy.  I had to take new pictures of my finished works and I have also weighed them so that I can get an idea what I am looking at for shipping.

Here is a sample of what I posted.  It is one of my Looper rugs.

I am really excited about the whole thing, in fact I have had a few nights when it has been hard to fall asleep, the mind is just a whirling!





I only have a few more items to post, a placemat or two, plus I will probably put my handspun up there as well.  You just never know what will sell.  In a few minutes I will be on my way to the Post Office to get the supplies I will need to be able to just drop them in the mail once they are purchased. 

I am trying not to check my business email every 5 minutes, I am sure twice a day is enough.  I have a confession to make, I have actually already broken one of my rules, in fact I did it with my very first post! 

I put a photo of a completed Baby Blanket in "Cat Tracks and Snail Trails" as the very first item, it wasn't even started though it was the next in line!  ( maybe that is why I couldn't sleep!)  I am pleased to say however that it is almost half way done, and I should be able to finish it this afternoon, and then I can hem and wash all three of the blankets on the cloth beam tomorrow morning.

On another note, I ran across a really cool tool the other day at one of my favorite stores.  It isn't intended to be used in the way I am employing it, but my initial idea was to use it to hold seed packages and the odd tool while I am in the garden.  It isn't really supposed to be for that either!  Now without further addo.....


A loom apron!






Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

 I almost forgot:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/FarmsteadStudio

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Sometimes I think that Home Depot is my favorite "weaving" store! I used to get my sticks cut there for my warp beam before I started using blind slats, and I get clamps and wood cleaner there, too! Love the blankets and best wishes to a great success on-line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder your mind is spinning at night. It is a wonder you get any sleep. Good luck with your store on line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the apron! What a great idea! I might steal that one.

    ReplyDelete