Monday, March 21, 2011

Playing with Color

All of the blankets I have done so far have been in a single color.  I figured there  was enough pattern going on without adding more colors to it.  This week I ran across what I thought were 2 dye lots of acqua blue, and only one cone of the lighter color.  So I began to play a little with the idea of blending the two colors in one Baby Blanket.
I used only the darker of the two colors for 5 inches then, mixed to two colors for about 13 inches, then just the lighter of the two for 7, and that was my pivot point.  13 more of the blended colors and then 5 or so of the darker color.  It is all on the cloth beam so I don't really know how it looks, but you may be able to see the color change getting ready to load onto the cloth beam.

I then realized that I had really used 1 spool of acqua blue, and 1 of light jade, and I have plenty of both of them, they were just hiding!  Oh well, we will see later on this week how it looks.

My neighbor is bringing his tractor and tiller over tomorrow to till up what used to be the animal pens.  It will now be a huge garden plot with room for some friends to come out and have a garden too!  Where they live there is no sun, just shade!  I will post pics of that soon too.    His (our neighbors) daughter who lives up the road dropped by today, and we chatted about chickens and gardens.  I love the spring, I can't wait to get my hands dirty!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're having fun playing with color!!! The throw looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The throw looks wonderful and I'll bet is lovely with the additional color.
    Sounds like a fab garden space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And your colors are very spring-like, as well!

    ReplyDelete