Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Getting the garden ready

This year we will have a much bigger space in which to garden.  In fact we are going to invite a couple we know that don't have much sun at their place, to claim a patch to plant for themselves!  I may see if my Daughter wants a plot for the kiddos to plant stuff too!

My neighbor stopped by yesterday with the big plow, for the first go round.

Here he is just getting started.  Last year we had the animals on most of this piece of dirt, so we should not have to fertilize this year at all!
A most exciting first furrow!
The finished product!  I took this photo from the back fence near the Outhouse.  To the left of this picture along the fence line, we will be able to drive the truck thru the gate in the fence (that isn't there yet) and unload feed directly into the barn.



That is it for now, I am working on opening an etsy shop, and I will have more of that later. 
Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. You got it plowed just in time....it's supposed to rain tonight! I think the grandkids will enjoy growing some veggies and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The barn looks great. You guys did a tremendous job. The garden is really large. You will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great barn. Can't wait to see your bigger garden in full production!

    ReplyDelete