What I called a case of the Cruds on Sunday turned out to be a case of the flu. I wasn't totally sure until Hubby came down with it too yesterday. I had thought I had gotten a whiff of mold from the hay, which always gives me a bad sinus infection, but I don't think that is contagious and you don't get all the aches and pains with it either. So I have been all cooped up with it.
Speaking of all cooped up, on Sunday, I think, I had moved the new Chickens over to the new coop to get used to the new digs, and I had planned on processing the old birds later on this month. The problem is that I have been getting as many eggs from the old hens as from the new hens! I hadn't counted on that! I suppose what I will have to do is sneak the old hens over a one or two at a time til I am not getting any eggs from the remaining ones.
I have been doing just a little bit each day toward the clean up of the yard. I took down the old goat fencing yesterday and put it up for the chickens today. It is only 100 ft., I will add to it later this month, but it was all I was up to anyway. Right after I got the fencing up I took some advice from my neighbor, who suggested that I could dig a little hole under the foundation board instead of cutting into the barn siding. I had not planned on doing this, but with Hubby on the couch and me still a little shaky, I did not feel like handling the power saw.
Now I need to decide who of the old hens to move over tonight, to join these girls.
It sure was simpler the way I imagined it!
Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina