Saturday, February 19, 2011

.4oz a Day Challenge ETA!

Last week I posted over on the Tuesday Weavers blog "Loomy Tunes" about a self imposed challenge I was taking on.  I had not been spinning very much at all for the last couple of years, and I really missed it!

I challenged myself to measure out at least .4oz a day of prepared fiber and spin that much each day.  It is simple, not too much and it keeps me from going overboard, the whole all or nothing rut I get myself into!

This week, even though I had the flu, I kept at it, and here are the results:

I love the fact that I know exactly how much this skein weighs!  Without my handy dandy scale I would never have guessed that 4.3 oz is the absolute max I should ask of this bobbin.  I am numbers challenged to be sure, no concept of how much yarn I need for a project, or how many people in a crowd.   I always have to look it up.   What may be common knowledge to some is totally news to me.  That is the me that I have to work with every time.  It is ok as long as I keep that in mind.  But now I know 40 oz of this yarn looks like this.

I haven't decided if I am going to do another skein of this same yarn, or try something new.  I suppose I will need at least one more skein for the sweater I am working on, I don't want to run out this time, and I am on a roll with it.  So yes, maybe just one more to be safe, and then on to something else. 

I have 2 orders I need to get out this next week and also several gift throws that I need to get done, I am hoping my strength returns soon so that I can get at it!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

ETA!

A whopping 290 yds on this skein!
                                           



Sleeves already in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Just take care of YOU! That's the most important thing you can do right now! But, that is very lovely yarn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely yarn! And I'll second LA's comment, take care and get well.

    ReplyDelete