Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Walls are Up!

The snow started coming down hard yesterday when we had been really wanting to get the walls up!  We checked the forcast and saw that this afternoon would be sunny and a little warmer, so we opted to do some research online about roof construction options instead of getting soaked to the skin and frozen solid!




This afternoon at about 2:00pm we faced our fears and just got started one section at a time.  Like so many things that I am afraid of, I just have to get started, and it all comes together.

We started in one corner, then completed the short side wall and to the second corner.  Then we braced it, and started down one of the long walls.
We stopped  before the last section of the long wall and went to the opposite side to bring that one to an equal length.  We then took that long board you see in the front of that picture and braced the two long walls together at the top, at the correct width.
Then we put the last two side pieces up, and then the front side.  This one is all one piece, so it was a little trickier, but we managed it!
The view from my back porch.
  We finished up at about 5:00pm.  Not bad for a couple of rookies!

















I know I should have posted this tomorrow on my Tuesday Weavers Blog, but I just couldn't help it!  I will come up with something else for that post.

Now it is time for my bath!  Tonights dinner is going to be Toast with peanut butter and jelly, fried eggs and decaf coffee, YUM!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina!

2 comments:

  1. You sure did get a lot done while the sun was shining!!!! And breakfast for supper is just the ticket on this chilly night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lookin good. Want be long now.

    ReplyDelete