Monday, January 3, 2011

Quick Update!

I thought I would post a quick update on my "missions"  I finally finished going thru the kitchen cabinets and drawers this am.  It really wasn't as bad as I had made it out to be!  So many times I am stopped from doing something like this because it all just seems too daunting.  That is when the job just needs to be broken down into pieces.  I can tackle one cabinet or one drawer, or even one shelf of a cabinet if  it is still too overwhelming.  That isn't hard to do you just have to open it up, and try to handle most things just once. You either are going to throw it away, give it away , put it somewhere else in the house, or even put it back on the shelf where it was.  

 I have thrown away 5 or 6 garbage bags of stuff, and I have one box of give aways in the kitchen, plus a box of stuff that needs to go to the tool shed.  All from one room!

Next I will tackle the living room, that really shouldn't take too long, mostly the computer desk to go thru.  Then I will move on to the Master Bedroom, and there I fear I will have to linger for a couple of days, since we will be working on the barn at the same time.

We took Saturday off since it rained buckets all day, and Sunday wasn't a good day to be out there either.  We will be working on the post holes today, we have a dear friend coming over to help DH with that chore.  We are hoping to get the walls raised on Saturday!

 I have been working on designing the inside of the barn.  Trying to get the space inside organized so that I won't have wasted space, or space used badly.  We are thinking about even putting a greenhouse off the barn.  It would be a source of heat for the barn in the winter, and I could start the seedlings for the summer  garden too!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

2 comments:

  1. I love the greenhouse idea! I think you would really enjoy that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are done, I have a basement that needs some help.

    ReplyDelete