Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Monday and Tuesday progress!

On Monday, a dear friend of ours came over and helped dig out the post holes.  They lifted the frame up on cinder blocks and dug out the post sized hole underneath.  That was enough for one day.
Tuesday they put gravel in the holes, leveling up the base frame.
They then began to use carriage bolts to bolt the whole thing together very solidly.   I was baking cookies and brought out a pitcher of sweet hot tea mid morning. (That is DH with the stripped hat!)
Notice the "Tarp City" shelter that the goats will be leaving when the barn is ready!
I made Taco Soup for lunch, and served it with tortilla chips, the scoopy ones, and shredded cheese and black olives.  I guess I am the only one who likes olives.
I left the cookies on the table for the rest of the afternoon.  While I was babysitting the grandbabies, the crew poured the concrete in most of the post holes.  Our neighbor has a concrete mixer, and he brought it over, which was a big help!  He also had a very powerful drill, which the guys used to drill thru that very old wood.

Today after I am done with the chores, I am going to clean up all the dirt clods from the post holes and dump it in a hole we are trying to fill in, and then DH says he wants to get the walls up TODAY!  That way when our main help comes on Friday they can do the rafters, and then, we can have a siding and roofing party on Saturday with a bigger crew, and maybe be done with the outside.

That would rock!  I am so ready to be back to "normal".  I haven't set foot in the studio, except to doctor Toni.  We had a scary moment with him this past week, in fact I was at the vet Sunday morning waiting for the weekend Vet to come do rounds.  I wasn't sure if we weren't at he end of it all for him.  However, we decided to try a stronger antibiotic, and we found another abcess! ( I have totally lost count) I hope he can make it, Toni has been with us since the day he was born,  I would miss him dreadfully! 

Right now, his left foot is healing nicely and he can walk on it.  The right "knee" is still a litle swollen, (there was fluild on joint, which we took off,) but that is doing better too, he can put some weight on it as well.  It is his back legs that are concerning me right now.  They just aren't working properly, especially the left one.  There were no abcesses back there so I don't know what is happening there.  He can move them, so I have begun to do some simple and gentle range of motion exercises 2 times daily.  We go to the Vet today at 1pm for a recheck, I hope for the best.  I really love my Vets!

Until next time, Happy Weaving, Tina

3 comments:

  1. We did miss you yesterday, but it sure looks like you got a lot done! That barn will be so nice! I'll be thinking positive thoughts for Toni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about Tony. I sure hope the vet can figure out what is going on.

    I am so excited about your barn! I sure hope I don't get barn envy. :-)I love seeing the pictures as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete